Not too sure if this will make sense, but Resort collections never fail to impress me and end up being my favorite collections – it used to be Fall/Winter collections, but the sensible side of me has learned to love dressing to live in Singapore.
These two latest collections – Ellery & Zimmermann Resort 2015 – are, to me, the current epitome of my style. I used to dress extremely bohemian / rock, with lots of lace, silk, leather and kimonos. Imagine the LA girl with a free spirited vibe. I somehow translated my style to one that consisted of minimal, easy, quality staples, with lots and lots of black, white, grey and denim. I still like revisiting the carefree vibe (eg with a black lace backless maxi dress, or a good lace cropped tank), and if I could choose two collections to live in for the next year or two, these would be it.
Lots of amazing details, including laser cut outs, lace and chiffon, with such attention to detail when it comes to proportion. There also is a relaxed vibe that exudes from the styling, making me feel as through these could translate from city to beach life (still dreaming of Bali). After my recent wardrobe purge, I’m seeking out pieces that will not only last, but work well together to create a put-together polished yet relaxed look. Time for some serious wardrobe planning – fret not, I’ll share with you my journey as I go along.
All pictures from Style.com.
Quick fact – did you know that the design Kym Ellery shot all the images of this collection by herself? Pretty incredible, I love an independent powerful woman. Kudos!
How do you know when summer has arrived in the always sunny Singapore? When you can barely walk 5 steps without getting drenched in your own perspiration. And yes, summer has taken over the city. I thought it’d be wise to put together some images that are inspiring me for summer – I’m thinking easy sandals, lots of cross body bags, simple light jewellery, and such a strong focus on clean whites with interesting slits, details and drapes. It doesn’t take much to look chic, and let’s not forget the always necessary black. I’m envisioning lots and lots of summer dresses that are easy to dress both up and down, and should the hemlines get a bit longer, silk and lace are a definite must.
How I intend to stay cool during the insane heat?
- Lots and lots of yummy delicious iced lemon water. Grab a lemon, cut it into half, squeeze all the juice into a huge jug. Pour in iced water and lots of ice. Throw in the remnants of the lemon into the jug as well. Stir well, pour and enjoy.
- BBQs with my friends! The boy and I love hosting them, and its always a great way to catch up with the people you love. Will be doing a post on this soon, but remember to keep your home stocked with ice, a huge fan, and some good ol’ games. (We stick to our Xbox & Taboo – so much fun!)
- Keeping the A/C on – not the most environmentally friendly of options, but when you can barely stay clean without the A/C, that’s when you know you really need it.
- Having my Quay Venna sunnies on hand, 24/7. Not only is the heat sweltering, it’s also blinding!
- Stock up on blueberries, cherries and grapes. Freeze them and take them out when you’re in need of a icy snack. SO GOOD, and so healthy.
- Dress like I’m living the beach / island life (well Singapore is an island, technically), all day, every day. I see no fault in it, and you’ll literally be on vacation mode all. the. time.
- Find a chic paper fan that I can carry around so that I’ve got my personal ventilation covered. Let’s not forget the deodorant too!
How about you? Would love to hear your solutions for the heat, and I’m looking forward to some good flea markets and summer parties. Lots to do this time of the year! ;)
Photos by Silver Lim
Top from Asos, jeans from Cheap Monday, heels by C&K, clutch from H&M
GUYS, too many amazing pictures of myself this round that I had such a hard time choosing them. I didn’t want to spam you with repeated pictures of my face & body so here’s my top 5. Let me tell you, it was tough getting up that derelict of a window, but we pulled through anyway! Thanks Silver, for pushing me to do it just to get the shot. I can’t tell you how freaked out I was by the huge ants crawling about, but anything for a good shot, no?
This outfit has garnered the approval of the boy, and the two best friends, which is pretty rare. Myself? I can’t decide on it but I like the juxtaposition of the sequins with ripped denim, flowy + baggy + teeny heels. I also like the fact that this outfit is a savior when the weather heats up, since the back is exposed, leaving you with gusts of air coming in and cooling you down. & yes, I confess, I obviously changed out to my Birks after the shoot + my meeting was over.
Also – note to boyfriends out there. If your other half tells you that she looks “broad” in an outfit, don’t go ahead and reply “But you are broad!” because you’re going to end up with no dessert after dinner.