Say hello to my inspiration for fall this year – I’m headed to Busan/Seoul in 1.5 weeks for almost a month, and with the temperatures dropping pretty quickly, I thought I’d share some images that will be inspiring my packing for the trip.
My packing list will mostly consist of blacks, whites, greys, denim and nudes; in oversized silhouettes, skinny pants, turtlenecks & oversized knits. There’s been a shift from the mini skirt to something more modest, and I’m thinking a mix between both – knitted pencil skirts, netted A-lines, and some simple, black denim tiny skirts, why not? The mood is casual yet pulled together, think essentials that you’ve loved and worn, looking effortless yet on pointe. Sounds hard, but when you’ve got a good library of images to refer to, achieving that je ne sais quoi is possible.
With the amount of walking, exploring and eating I’ll be doing, outfits are going to have to be comfortable yet chic, with the freedom to mix and match them into various outfits. My must brings are: 3 pairs of jeans, my leather joggers, black pimsolls, lots of knitted tops (both cropped and overszied), and some button down shirts. Doesn’t sound like much right now, but I’m probably headed over with a 30% filled luggage, and coming back with a 120% packed one. ;)
So I’ve been thinking about office spaces and working from home lately, and pondering on how I’d like my space to be, or rather how it has to be to ensure comfort, ease and productivity. A couple of key features I’d like include:
- Windows, or lots of natural light – this will keep me happy, awake and feeling blissful.
- A majorly white space – I’ve realized that white gives me a sense of calm, rather than anything wood-based or black. However, all white surfaces have to be easily cleaned.
- A huge-ass refrigerator that’s stocked with healthy snacks and drinks, like fresh coconuts, fresh fruits, greek yogurt and honey.
- Chair to desk ratio is extremely important – it has to be perfect for me or I start feeling super uncomfortable.
- A soft, comfortable chair with a high backing – I definitely need to rest my head on something to keep my neck straight (been having some spinal issues, more on that soon), and as I lack in the booty department, my butt starts to hurt if I sit too long on a hard chair.
- Lots of table space – This will be necessary for my work laptop, a gaming laptop, a glass, keyboard and mouse, and some skincare products to use while working.
- A meeting area that can double up as a dining area – I love the idea of having a nice round table with flowers in the middle, that provides some calm and beauty to meetings. Will also be great to have friends over for lunch!
What are some office essentials that you need in your space? Would love to hear about them! ;)
Been feeling a tad uninspired to sit down and write recently – have had a lot on my mind, and been in a bit of an escapist. I’m thinking of taking the content here in another direction, maybe just up the notch by a bit. We’ll see how it goes.. I’m thinking of posting pictures from my phone that I’ve taken on a daily basis, but the quality of those might not make the cut in terms of quality. What do you guys think?
With the mess in my head right now, I thought it’d be best to let the pictures do the talking. I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of romance, which can be love itself or an expression or feeling of romance that comes out from your surroundings, as well as the idea of traveling and just being anywhere but here at the moment. (Escapist, like I said.)