What are weekends like for you? Mine are divine, and what some might call lazy. It’s Tuesday but I’m already thinking of my weekend. Here’s what I get up to on the weekends, and you’ve been pre-warned, I’m a very boring old person.
- Sleep. Stay under the sheets till I get hungry or need to go to the washroom.
- Catch up with my favorite YouTube videos and watch some anime in bed – complete relaxation.
If you want to know what animes I’m currently watching, you can follow me on Hummingbird. I just found this platform and it is a great tool to keep up to date if you follow a lot of shows at once, like I do! You can keep track of the episode that you’re on, what you’ve finished or are currently watching, and can also read reviews and rate the anime. Two thumbs up (and the end of a nerd moment for me). A really funny show I’ve found recently is Undateable – it’s about two guys who are roommates (one owns a bar, the other lives off funds from a law suit he won) and their friends and life with the ladies. It’s so hilarious and I end up snorting and laughing my ass off at every episode.
- Eating lots of yummy stuff, it could range from something really healthy like blueberries or apple slices with almond butter, or it could be pasta, pizza, and burgers. Definitely lots of dessert and ice cream though. Happy lifestyle = healthy lifestyle (i kid).
- Gaming on the Xbox or the computer – League of Legends & Halo are my favorites at the moment. Completely influenced by the boy but that doesn’t mean it isn’t fun! If you’ve games to introduce to me, please comment below.
- Sometimes I get up to something crazy, which entails a movie, or a cigar, or heading out for a good meal or dessert. Past weekends have included visits to the zoo, the bird park (which I recommend and I had so much fun!), chilling with friends, having some shabu shabu etc. As long as you’re with the right people, days can never be boring.
I’d like to say that resting after a week of work is extremely important for me, but due to my flexible schedule, I get great rest and leisure time during the weekdays as well, and sometimes I end up getting some work done on a Saturday or Sunday evening. It doesn’t really feel like work to me, but more like educating myself or just doing something that I enjoy. I think it’s really different for everyone, because there are a number of articles telling you to separate your work and personal life, and to draw clear boundaries. However, I’ve got great boundaries between them both, and rather than segregate my time by days, I do it by hours or minutes. Weird, but works for me. Just food for thought – let me know what works for you (:
Enjoy the rest of your week!