So I’ve been thinking about office spaces and working from home lately, and pondering on how I’d like my space to be, or rather how it has to be to ensure comfort, ease and productivity. A couple of key features I’d like include:
- Windows, or lots of natural light – this will keep me happy, awake and feeling blissful.
- A majorly white space – I’ve realized that white gives me a sense of calm, rather than anything wood-based or black. However, all white surfaces have to be easily cleaned.
- A huge-ass refrigerator that’s stocked with healthy snacks and drinks, like fresh coconuts, fresh fruits, greek yogurt and honey.
- Chair to desk ratio is extremely important – it has to be perfect for me or I start feeling super uncomfortable.
- A soft, comfortable chair with a high backing – I definitely need to rest my head on something to keep my neck straight (been having some spinal issues, more on that soon), and as I lack in the booty department, my butt starts to hurt if I sit too long on a hard chair.
- Lots of table space – This will be necessary for my work laptop, a gaming laptop, a glass, keyboard and mouse, and some skincare products to use while working.
- A meeting area that can double up as a dining area – I love the idea of having a nice round table with flowers in the middle, that provides some calm and beauty to meetings. Will also be great to have friends over for lunch!
What are some office essentials that you need in your space? Would love to hear about them! ;)