How do you know when summer has arrived in the always sunny Singapore? When you can barely walk 5 steps without getting drenched in your own perspiration. And yes, summer has taken over the city. I thought it’d be wise to put together some images that are inspiring me for summer – I’m thinking easy sandals, lots of cross body bags, simple light jewellery, and such a strong focus on clean whites with interesting slits, details and drapes. It doesn’t take much to look chic, and let’s not forget the always necessary black. I’m envisioning lots and lots of summer dresses that are easy to dress both up and down, and should the hemlines get a bit longer, silk and lace are a definite must.
How I intend to stay cool during the insane heat?
- Lots and lots of yummy delicious iced lemon water. Grab a lemon, cut it into half, squeeze all the juice into a huge jug. Pour in iced water and lots of ice. Throw in the remnants of the lemon into the jug as well. Stir well, pour and enjoy.
- BBQs with my friends! The boy and I love hosting them, and its always a great way to catch up with the people you love. Will be doing a post on this soon, but remember to keep your home stocked with ice, a huge fan, and some good ol’ games. (We stick to our Xbox & Taboo – so much fun!)
- Keeping the A/C on – not the most environmentally friendly of options, but when you can barely stay clean without the A/C, that’s when you know you really need it.
- Having my Quay Venna sunnies on hand, 24/7. Not only is the heat sweltering, it’s also blinding!
- Stock up on blueberries, cherries and grapes. Freeze them and take them out when you’re in need of a icy snack. SO GOOD, and so healthy.
- Dress like I’m living the beach / island life (well Singapore is an island, technically), all day, every day. I see no fault in it, and you’ll literally be on vacation mode all. the. time.
- Find a chic paper fan that I can carry around so that I’ve got my personal ventilation covered. Let’s not forget the deodorant too!
How about you? Would love to hear your solutions for the heat, and I’m looking forward to some good flea markets and summer parties. Lots to do this time of the year! ;)